Thursday, April 11, 2013

Visual Rhetoric


Visual rhetoric is used every day in life. It’s a way that everyone can communicate to one another. When one uses visual rhetoric they are trying to convey an image to their audience. In my life I use visual rhetoric all the time. For social networking I always seem to be trying to portray myself in a good image whether I realize it or not. I guess everyone just wants to look good in front of their friends so they always try to post the coolest photos, funny photos, etc. Anyway the point is that most people try to create an image for them, including me. I think it is a good thing in social media for everyone to use visual rhetoric because it helps show the many different personalities and characteristic of each individual. I love art as well, however I’m not good at it. In art I try to make my invention just simply nice to look at and not look like a piece of trash. I try to make my piece something that has meaning to it, whether it be a symbolic meaning, a visual meaning, or and emotional meaning. A lot of visual rhetorical art piece have symbolic meaning. By showing one characteristic they symbolize a story, an idea, a moral, a feeling, or a something else. I love to show my personality through my art as well as how I present myself to others. I think this is helpful because it can be a great tool to help other get to know me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment