Thursday, April 4, 2013

The reading process is a must when we are trying to create a good paper. They are closely related because we have to be educated on a subject to be able to write about it. Otherwise, most of the time people will be able to tell that we are just throwing out opinion and the argument won't have much authority or be very convincing. For me I normally start off reading a bunch of titles of topics to figure out what I want to about. Then once I have a topic I will read opinions on websites like wikipedia and google to get an overall view of the topic and get some background information on it. Then I will read more articles like from the opposing viewpoints website so that I can gain my own opinion before I start writing. Then I read more informative resources that have statistics and reliable studies done. Normally with each source I just skim over it really fast by reading the first and last paragraphs to get the topic and conclusion to see the general idea. Then I'll read each paragraph to find points that I want to use in my writing. It's like writing as in I try to make it brought first to gain knowledge and then specific so that I can find things that I like or need for my writing.

2 comments:

  1. I think being educated on the topic is a must to be a good writer about the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think getting a background on the topic is one of the most critical parts of the research process because that is your foundation for the rest of your paper. With out being knowledgeable on the topic it will be difficult to discuss.

    ReplyDelete