Thursday, April 11, 2013

Visual Rhetoric


One of the ways we all use visual rhetoric is social media such as Facebook. Facebook is used by almost everyone these days and allows us stay connected with each other, but it also allows us to express ourselves. Facebook is a way that many people are able to see us without us even knowing. Like the profile picture we talked about in class Facebook is an opportunity for people to see us so it may be important how we show ourselves. While I’m not one to worry about my profile picture the types of music I listen to and some of my many interests are on display for people to see so they can get a general idea of who I am. This means I might not let someone post something offensive or off color on my Facebook because my mom might see or someone else that may get the wrong impression. So how you let others see you on Facebook is important. I think that visual rhetoric is very important to learn about because it is something we use on a daily basis in today’s society even more so than writing it seems. Every day we are exposed to visual rhetoric on TV and on the internet, it is everywhere we look. If the visual rhetoric is effective, that commercial might persuade us to buy their product or use their service. If not, we may just remember it as that cheesy commercial or change the channel when it comes on. So it is important to learn how to be effective with our visual rhetoric as well as our written.

No comments:

Post a Comment