Wednesday, April 10, 2013

visual rhetoric


I guess the first source of my visual rhetoric is my Facebook page because that is where I have most of my pictures and other personal media. I also have a twitter but that is not much in pictures in videos for me anyway. Recently I have been on Pinterest a lot too. To clarify I would like to point out that it is not my own account but it is my fiancées and I go on simply to look at the ideas that she wants me to look at for the wedding. I actually find it very helpful because I do not have to Google search everything that she finds but it is all in one place. Computers in general are a very good source of visual rhetoric because well no one really gets on a computer to read anything. Even the companies like Microsoft, Windows, and Apple all try to make their product more appealing to us because when they look cleaner we are more inclined to want to us them (like we saw when looking at all the different websites in class).
I think that visual rhetoric is definitely good to be aware of because the things that we put on Facebook for example are used as a basis to “judge” us for other people. Also I feel like just the things that we take in everyday have a huge impact on our thoughts and well we don’t want to surround ourselves with possibly good rhetoric that portrays bad things.

1 comment: